In Sanskrit, chakra means a spinning wheel or vortex. There is another meaning to chakra, which indicates the seven chakras of the human body that relate to the seven gland systems of the body. These chakras are centers of spinning energy with the first one on the base of the spine and the seventh one at the crown.
Everything moving causes vibrations, and since chakras are centers of spinning energy, there is vibration here. This vibration brings about sound, which is the reason why different body parts vibrate with different frequencies at the different chakras.
There are not only seven independent chakra sounds for the seven chakras but also seven colors associated with the different chakras. These colors also vibrate at different frequencies where both the chakra sound and color helps in the restoration of balance in the chakras. This in turn helps in the restoring of health.
You only need your voice for sound healing via chakra sounds, to feel better, calmer and clearer in a matter of minutes. However these chakra sounds should be soft and gentle, and not longer than five minutes duration each.
1. Sound healing starts with the deepest sound you can make, UH. This is to be done with eyes closed and attention concentrated on the base chakra of your spinal base. With this sound, you have to note the sound resonance in the body in the chakra, and not from your throat. This chakra sound can be visualized with red color and should be said for a minute or two.
2. The next chakra sound has to come from the second chakra found three inches below the naval. You have to chant OOO while complimenting the chakra sound with orange. You have to chant with eyes closed to experience the balancing of the chakra with other chakras for one or two minutes.
3. The third chakra sound “OH has to come from the navel chakra, found at the navel area. The color for complimenting visualization here is yellow. This chakra sound has to start very softly and gently, but higher than the last sound.
4. The chakra sound for the heart chakra, found in the middle of the chest is AH. This sound is usually emitted when in love and the heart chakra is associated with love. Green is the color you can use for complimenting this chakra sound where you have to start with a soft and gentle sound, with a slightly higher pitch than the last chakra sound.
5. EYE is the chakra sound for the throat chakra that can be complimented with blue. This chakra sound too has to be higher in pitch than the previous sounds.
6. AYE is the chakra sound for the third chakra found a bit higher than the two eyes, and in the forehead. The chakra sound is associated with indigo and has to be started with a soft and gentle tone, but should be of a higher pitch than previous sounds.
7. The crown chakra, found at the top of the head, demands the highest sound you can make. This chakra sound is EEE and is complemented with purple and starts by making the highest EEE sound possible. Like other chakra sounds, this chakra sound also starts soft and gentle.
You have to close your eyes when chanting all the chakra sounds while concentrating on different chakras. When you focus on the different chakras, you find chakra sounds projecting from the respective chakras. And with the resonance of the sound chakras, each chakra starts balancing and aligning with other chakras.
It is better if you relax or meditate after this exercise as you may feel light headed. This should be done so that you can realize the benefits of the chakra sounds better.