Natural Foods for Fat Loss Without Diets
You don’t have to go on a strict diet to lose weight. Eat healthy food and move your body as much as you can. You’ll feel like a million bucks (unless you’re a billionaire).
Are you still looking for that miracle weight loss food or pill? Chances are a combination of high quality foods and supplements will work better. They don’t have to be exotic: don’t forget the common, everyday foods, often overlooked but outstanding for detox and metabolism boosting qualities. Here’s a few of them with some nutritional facts.
1. Bananas have natural sugars (so don’t eat too fast) but little fat. They also contain calcium, iron, magnesium, high levels of potassium, vitamins A & C, tannin and serotonin. Only 66 Kcal per 100 grams. A great snack for suppressing your appetite, and very healthy.
2. Onions are a valuable source of Vitamins A, C, E and the B vitamins. Also Potassium, Calcium and Sodium. It helps diuretic (water release) activity (detox and cleansing) and helps reduce fat. For diabetics, it also helps to keep blood sugar levels stable — extremely important for anti aging.
3. Strawberries, blueberries rasberries etc. are relatively low in sugar yet extremely rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Only 27 KCAL per 100 grams. Fruit enzymes are great for aiding digestion. Berries are exceptionally healthy.
4. Whole grain carbohydrates, corn flakes, oatmeal, healthy organic cereals and Legumes improve your metabolism, are high in fiber which makes you less hungry and lose weight, and low in calories relative to nutritional and digestive benefits.
5. Kiwi. Rich in potassium calcium, Iron and Zinc. Also a great source of Vitamin C, fiber and diuretic (cleansing).
6. Salads are also rich in fiber and very low in calories (only 14 KCAL per 100 grams); diuretic functions and appetite suppressant, thanks to big volume (water) / low KCAL ratio. Lot of minerals. Take a snack along as they will fill you up quickly, but not suppress your appetite for as long as the grains (carbs) and proteins.
7. Lemon contains the least sugar in its fruit family (only 2.3%), is rich in vitamins with only 11 KCAL per 100 grams. Helps blood circulation and fights cellulitis (unsightly fatty deposits under the skin).
8. Apples have vitamin C and E, Potassium, Magnesium, are rich in tannins with potent antioxidant compounds, and a great cholesterol balancer. Again, the fruits are filling and nutritious, but won’t stave off the hunger for quite as long, so combine them with some healthy carbs.
9. Nuts and legumes are one of the healthiest and most overlooked superfoods. Rich in healthy fats, proteins, fiber and vitamins. They help burn fat because of high calcium and magnesium contents, and are very filling. An excellent source of protein.
10. Whole grain wheat has only 319 KCAL per 100 grams and is rich in protein, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium and B vitamins. Increases diuretic functioning and fights emotional eating due to superior hunger suppression when compared to low fiber carbs (processed white flour, bread, etc).
11. Chicken is a great source of healthy protein with a low fat content. This helps maintain a balanced cholesterol profile. Be sure to buy organic whenever possible so it is chemical free.
12. Rucola Salad has a high content of Vitamins A and C (among others), fiber, and is naturally boosts metabolism. Only 16 KCAL per 100 grams.
13. Soy products are loaded with healthy proteins and folic acid. This helps promote weight loss and balance metabolism. Men should eat less soy products than women because of the estrogen mimicking qualities of certain soy ingredients.